International Student Trips Powered By Discovery Education
Laura's Australia Adventure

Introduction

Monday, May 18, 2009

Hey, my name is Laura Jacobs and I am in the eighth grade attending Walter Reed Middle School. In about one week, I will be taking an amazing adventure to the one and only Australia. This is an amazing opportunity for me because when I grow up, I would love to either be a photographer or a writer. This trip will be a great help to kick off the preliminary stages of my career.

I have always wondered what it would be like to go on this type of adventure. Exploring cultures and natural wonders is what I have been wanting to do for a majority of my life. Now, I will have the time to live my dream. I will soak in the culture, just like a human sponge. I will learn my part in helping Australian wildlife by doing things right at home. This is my once in a lifetime moment, and I plan to take it all in.

Of course, I'm not the only one going on this fabulous trip. My technology teacher, Mr. Shelton, and my computer savvy friends, Sophie, Lulu, and Elvira will be on this trip as well. On May 25, 2009 we will be starting our two week long journey to Australia. I'm sure this adventure is something we will never forget.

If you wish to follow me on twitter, you can find me at www.twitter.com/LJacobsDSA.

2 comments:

Mr. Shelton said...

Excellent posting. I look forward to reading your postings throughout your journey. Buon Viaggio.

IVAN JACOBS said...

as a very proud father i shared the website with oprah and tyra. maybe your group can go on their shows HAVE LOTS OF FUN STAY SAFE AND KEEP THE SHOWERS SHORT.

Post a Comment

Essential Programs Details

Duration 14 days
When May 25th - June 7th, 2009
Focus Marine Biology
Conservation/Wildlife
Aboriginal Culture